The clouds float in to the valley
below my feet
And darkness begins to settle
as the cold air fills up inside me
Its always the same scene
painted over and over
like a stagnating pool in the parking lot
The clock is stuck
With the seconds hand going one beat forward
and one back, till eternity
till a battery
These illusions
I have so meticulously threaded for so long
have become more apparent against the light,
frayed at the edges
ready to crumble at the softest tug
Love, I know now, is a cheap whore
sighing and beckoning
till she has you within her reach
And just when you begin to believe she’s real
She discards you
just another stranger in the night
Love is like a thieving boy
drawing you in with his impish smile
And just as you lean over to hold his hand
He slits your coat
or your throat
leaving you by the side of the road
If it’s all the same,
the banality of everything being the only constant
What’s the fucking difference?
Reality shouldn’t have to be so hard to comprehend
Loneliness, my oldest friend
I have been rude to not acknowledge you in so long
But finally this chilly evening,
I can feel you sitting so close to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment